Venue, Coordination, Onsite Accommodations & Decor Rentals: The Reserve at Ranger Creek Ranch
Photography: Mikkel Freeman Photography
Second Shooter Photography Carli Layton Photography
Videography: BSR Wedding Films
In House DJ- The Reserve at Ranger Creek Ranch
Catering: Darin & Jackie Reed
Custom Cake: Gigi's Sweet Treats
Florals: Perry with Buds for You
Makeup Artist: Makeup by Hope
Hair: Denise Sartain
Oh, Callie and Luke, how we just ADORE this couple and their families. When you think of a picture perfect wedding this is what it looks like. True love, raw emotion, beautiful fall weather, a stunning sunset and some of the very best vendors working together to make it all come together.
Callie & Luke were one of our very first couples to book with us which made this wedding extra special. They put so much trust in us to pull off the phases of construction and we are so thankful they chose us to host their special day. Everything came together in such a big way and we were honored to be part of it!
We have lots of funny moments from getting to know this couple over the past year, but one that stands out is the day I almost got us stuck in the mud. One day Callie and Luke stopped by the ranch to visit and make plans. While they were here, we decided to go on a photography scouting adventure back in the canyons after a TORRENTIAL downpour....I was driving and got us completely stuck in mud. And I mean, COMPLETELY stuck. Tires spinning, mud slinging, the whole bit. Thankfully Luke saved us all from walking 5 miles back and somehow managed to get us out of a huge, muddy mess. Many couples would have been totally freaked out, but not Callie and Luke. They rolled with the punches and we laughed about it then and are still laughing about it now!
Some of our favorite inspiration tips and takeaways from the Schaffner wedding:
- Rehearsal Dinner Atmosphere- We loved seeing Luke's mom, Leslie's rehearsal dinner vision come to life. All of the twinkle lights, buffalo plaid, and soft music playing made for the most romantic & inviting atmosphere for the rehearsal dinner. The food served by talented, Darin & Jackie Reed was AMAZING!
- Custom Groom's Cake- Gigi's Sweet Treats made a custom Groom's cake that was a replica of the Groom's favorite pair of boots. The cake was an absolute masterful work of art and Gigi's Sweet Treats knocked it out of the park. It was such a fun and personal touch!
- Onsite Accommodations- Callie & Luke took full advantage of our weekend rental timeframes and rented our onsite accommodations to extend the celebrations beyond just the wedding day to an entire weekend. It made the wedding that much more special to enjoy the company of family and friends for an extended period of time with everyone staying within walking distance of one another
- Dynamic Duo of Band + DJ- The couple decided to hire both our in house venue DJ as well as a band. It really was the perfect combination to have the band play during dinner and dancing, while the DJ announced and played music for all the formal reception festivities such as first dance, bouquet toss, and cutting the cake. The guests loved two stepping to the band and then the music cranked up after 10 PM with the DJ. It was a perfect mix of music that appealed to everyone.
- Unique Unity Ceremony: We loved the unique unity ceremony that incorporated branding the couple's brand on a piece of wood. So much symbolism in intertwining their lives, establishing roots, and honoring tradition. We haven't seen this done before and loved the idea!
- Second Photography Shooter- We love when brides choose to have a second shooter to help capture ALL the moments from the day. It helps with organization and timeline execution to have a second shooter capturing details.
- Flower Arrangements Lining the Aisle- Perry with Buds for You made two of the most stunning arrangements and placed them each on our whiskey barrels at the front of the aisle. It really tied in all the bride's colors and decorations together. After the ceremony the arrangements were transferred to inside the venue to be admired during the reception.