m a k e n z i e & j o n a t h a n
May 8, 2021
Venue, Onsite Accommodations Decor Rentals: The Reserve at Ranger Creek Ranch
Photography: Lane Collins Photography
DJ & Entertainment: JH Entertainment
Florals: Buds for You Munday
Catering & Bartending: Sommer Portwood with The Rusty Spur
Cake: Wonderfully Made Bakery
Celebrating the marriage of Makenzie & Jonathan was SO DANG FUN. Sweetest ceremony, dreamiest details, and a life of the party kind of reception. Ranell, the owner of The Reserve, has been friends with the Bride's mom, Angie for years which made it even more special to host such a sweet wedding weekend. We were thrilled to get to know this one of a kind couple & witness their vision come to life.
Makenzie was an absolutely breathtaking bride with a great sense of style and a perfect dress to match. We were blown away by the details involved and how perfectly executed everything was from the stunning florals by Buds for You that perfectly captured the colors, to the detailing of the stunning silhouette wedding dress, the personalization, and everything in between.
So many delicate design details came together in a big way. Makenzie majored in graphic design, and her eye for the details were evident from the very beginning of the planning process. She even designed her very own graphic mapping The Reserve on her invitations which we thought was such a practical & beautiful way to communicate driving directions.
Makenzie & Jonathan opted for the lighting package which really brought the space to life with flickering light reflecting at every angle. It really set the scene for magical moments throughout the ceremony & reception.
Local DJ & a crowd favorite, JH Entertainment kept the party going all night & everything was perfectly captured by Lane Collins Photography. We are grateful for the chance to reminisce on this wedding for many many years to come!
Some of our favorite inspiration tips and takeaways from They Key wedding:
- Whimsical & Dreamy Style- Pampas grass, floating candles, deep & earthy tones, spray flower designs, mixed and matched bridesmaid dresses, all combined together to capture the boho theme
- Neon "The Keys" Sign- Such a fun & trendy way to personalize the wedding with a neon sign! We loved how it tied the room together & doubled as a photo op
- Pup Personalization- The Keys are die hard dog parents, so it was only natural to have their pups intertwined into some of the details. We loved the cocktail napkin personalization that featured their cute dogs
- Sleek & Modern Dress: We loved that fashion forward Makenzie showcased her style with a stunning silhouette dress that was the perfect choice against the canyon backdrop for photos
- Fireplace Ceremony Site- The Fireplace ceremony location was the most romantic backdrop for vow exchange. The mantle was decorated with florals and lots of candles. Early May weddings can go either way temperature wise, so it was nice that guest could fully soak up the AC and beat the heat inside!